BUSINESS DATA ARCHITECT
Purpose of the Job
With the adoption of new business led analytics tools e.g. Power BI; the adhoc consumption of basic ERP data and use of BW cubes in analytics has increased significantly. Our core ERP landscape is distributed across several systems. Therefore, to support this new community of analyst users, we have adopted a strategy that includes the presentation of data from a secure Common Data Layer (CDL). This CDL must consolidate and harmonises data from different systems. Over time it will be populated with data for the different functions and will enable reporting across much of the sales, planning and controlling process. It is currently incomplete.
The CDL Data Architect role is key to realising the IS strategy for data presentation. It is a strategic role in the IS team and must define a logical delivery plan to realise the long-term strategy, while creating logical milestones and phases. The role will be involved in guiding individual data-heavy requirements to success while also working to ensure a coherent overall data landscape is maintained.
The role ensures that the CDL is operated effectively and does not create an unstainable solution or pose a security risk.
What will you do?
- Working closely with collaborative project teams within our delivery process, including Subject Matter Experts, Process Owners and Business Process Managers, you will represent and contribute to, the IT and Enterprise Architecture strategies, in order to drive the most effective data solutions into production.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of a coherent data structure in the CDL that supports the current analytical needs and is considerate of the future business requirements and technology evolutions.
- You will define a series of phased activities that will define and deliver the base-line for the CDL. Working with a cross functional teams of SME and Process Owners you will determine the requirements of the business for types of data, data cleansing, data processing, levels of security and harmonisation needed.
- You must identify the stakeholders that can describe the technical set-up of the source systems and the data schemas used. Working with business representatives you will be able to define the scope and objectives for the CDL and consolidate the combined needs and technical knowledge into backlog list and co-ordinate a phased delivery plan.
Key responsibilities include
- Providing a single point of contact for business and IS developing and using the CDL with regards to strategy and providing expert advice and training on the strategy and concepts of good data architecture.
- Identify and co-ordination of stakeholder involved in the provision and use of data in the CDL.
- Audits the planned analytics and data designs for HANA and Power BI to ensures that the principles of HANA are upheld.
- Determine when and where in ERP and CDL to process data during the acquisition and storage.
- Work with the digital teams and enterprise architects to understand future strategies and opportunities in tools that can be applied to acquire and present data.
What skills do you need?
- Ability to translate business needs into solutions using varying data modelling techniques.
- Creating, training and communicating sound IT principles to business and technical roles.
- Manage many concurrent activates using defined processes and agreed documentation.
- Project management experience; able to meet deadlines and create efficient solutions involving multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of the organisation.
- A problem-solving attitude.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to details
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles and concepts in ERP systems and Business Warehousing.
- Development experience in a programming language, e.g. Python, R, Java, C/C++ or SQL
- Has a working knowledge of some part of ERP systems and can navigate existing reports and transactions to validate data (identifies different document type, movements, hierarchies, characteristics etc).
What we can offer?
- Even though there are many people employed in our company we still enjoy unformal and friendly atmosphere here
- Apart from having the best view of the city we can offer you a terrace in 20th floor, relax zone which is among other things used for yoga lessons, wellbeing sessions, movie nights, etc.
- We also support charity organizations with various activities, such as flea markets, sports day, various social events and many others. You can also rely on a regular vitamin supplies.
- We support our employees in professional growth, you can join ACCA program or language courses
- We try to keep up the balance between work and private life, therefore we have shortened our working week to 37.5 hours
- And of course, we have meal vouchers, contributions to pension, multisport card or wellness vouchers, 5 weeks of vacation, 3 sick days, annual bonus
- We have far more so apply for the job and check it yourself!